Medical Receptionist/Pocatello Clinic
The Medical Receptionist receives callers at the Clinic or by telephone and determines the nature of the call and directs it to the appropriate staff member and/or obtains the caller’s name and schedules an appointment. The Medical Receptionist will type on a computer to prepare daily work such as letters, forms, report, etc. The Medical Receptionist gives out required Health West forms and instructs the patient in completing them. The Medical Receptionist will assist the Clinic Manager by performing a variety of clerical duties involving the daily operation of the clinic. Protective procedures are defined by the Exposure Control Plan and Universal Precautions statement in the Health West personnel manual.
- With final approval of the Executive Director, develop and maintain detailed procedures required for the performance of all activities associated with this position.
- Complete and maintain an accurate schedule of all appointments and ensure the efficient patient flow in the clinic.
- Set up and/or update medical charts for patients as well as ensuring all information is correctly filed in each chart.
- Answer the telephone and greet patients in a professional and courteous manner and direct the inquiry as required as well as documenting calls when necessary. Help resolve conflict with unsatisfied patients regarding appointments and/or insurance claims.
- Enter all data on computer daily from patient visit. Complete superbills with all information regarding billing, and insurance claims.
- Process day sheet each day to be forwarded to the administrative office.
- Make sure the office has necessary supplies such as paper, patient forms, etc.
- Provide back-up coverage when the Clinic Manager is not available.
- Provide data for reports as required.
- Collect fees from patients, issue receipts, make photocopies of pertinent documents.
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable records and ensure that all monies received are properly credited and deposited to the bank daily.
- Share the clinic cleaning responsibilities.
- Assume other duties as required by the Clinic Manager, Provider or Executive Director.
- Medical Records/Scanning
- High school graduate
- Experience in general office procedures
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- Ability to use computer
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping procedures/accounts receivable
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS
Posted 01/12/2015/Closes when filled