What is Medicaid Expansion?
Medicaid expansion is health coverage that allows more adults living in Idaho to access Medicaid, a program that offers quality, low-cost health coverage for people who qualify. The new Medicaid program will cover doctor visits, prescriptions, hospitalizations, dental, mental healthcare and more.
Why is Health Insurance Important
- It provides financial protection in case of a serious accident or illness
- It gives access to preventive services at no cost to you
- It allows you to take control of your health
Health West Clinics
When you apply for Medicaid, you get to choose your primary care provider (PCP) which is the clinic where you will go to receive care. When you choose Health West as your PCP, you get:
- Comprehensive medical care
- Dental care
- Behavioral healthcare
- Pharmacy services and low-cost medications
How do I apply?
- Find out if you are eligible for health coverage
- Help you sign up
- Answer your questions
Idahoans can apply starting November 1, 2019. If you qualify, healthcare coverage will begin on January 1 2020.